Introduction to Investment Banking
Financial literacy is one of the most obscure aspects of human knowledge, especially for people who do not work in the financial world. However, knowing how to manage and grow one’s money is an important skill. Investment Banking is one such avenue for people seeking monetary growth. Investment Banking allows investors to help companies looking for capital to expand. Although not without risks, investment banking offers investors the aid of financial experts, including accountants and lawyers, on which industries will yield the best revenue.
Through this learning experience, students will be able to (1) understand the basic principles of investment banking; (2) determine the risks versus the benefits of investment banking as it is applicable to their own circumstances; (3) determine the best institutions that can assist them with investment banking.
It is important for investors to understand the basics of investment banking, including opportunities for financial growth and possibility of failure. This course will provide this knowledge to assist investors in making the right decision of where to put their money.
- Unit 1 - Business in banking
- Unit 2 - Cash instruments and traded money markets
- Unit 3 - Yield curve in investment banking
- Unit 4 - Introduction to trading
- Unit 5 - Managing liability
- Unit 6 - Asset and liability management
- Unit 7 - Managing Risk and bank liquidity
- Unit 8 - Capital, liquidity and leverage
- Unit 9 - Regulations on banks capital